12/08/2018

What is the Correct Attitude Towards Social Elites?

Eastern Lightning

I was a cashier at a fast food restaurant, working on the ground floor of an office building. Every day there were people from all walks of life having meals in our restaurant, and my workmates often said to me excitedly, “Look, that man is a court judge.” “Hey, have you seen the man over there? He is a doctor, an expert on operations…” Each time, I could not help looking at those people with admiration and envy.
Because in my opinion, those who engage in such professions are the elites in society, whereas people like us are ordinary and small. Therefore, when they came to pay the bill, I always smiled a welcome and appeared very friendly. Even when they left, my eyes unknowingly followed them until they were out of sight. But to be honest, toward common customers, I was somewhat cold and inhospitable.
One day when I read Almighty God’s word, I realized my attitudes towards people from different walks of life were not right. Almighty God says, “From the moment you come crying into this world, you begin to perform your duty. You assume your role in the plan of God and in the ordination of God. You begin the journey of life. Whatever your background and whatever the journey ahead of you, none can escape the orchestration and arrangement that Heaven has in store, and none are in control of their destiny, for only He who rules over all things is capable of such work.” (from The Word Appears in the Flesh) “… no other objective conditions can influence the mission of a person, which is predestined by the Creator. All people become mature in their own particular growing-up environments, then gradually, step by step, set off down their own roads in life, fulfill the destinies planned for them by the Creator, naturally, involuntarily entering the vast sea of humanity and assuming their own posts in life, where they begin to fulfill their responsibilities as created beings for the sake of the Creator’s predestination, for the sake of His sovereignty. (from A Continuation of The Word Appears in the Flesh) I gained some knowledge from God’s words. It is the sovereignty and arrangement of God that we have our professions, instead of our own choice. For example, some people become doctors. God bestowed upon them the caliber and gifts of being a doctor, and arranged proper surroundings and people, occurrences, and things around them, and then they themselves strive hard for the goal; as a result, they become a doctor. Just like this, there are doctors in the world who can treat sick people, judges who can uphold justice for the masses, farmers who do the farming and produce crops, builders who build buildings and pave roads…. Hence, from birth to growth, and to employment, people from every walk of life are taking the path of life that God has predestined. They all assume their roles in the plan of God, do their parts for the existence of human beings and the development of society. Besides, from God’s word I understand God’s will in His orchestration and arrangement for people of every walk of life. Regardless of who they are, people are all created beings, who have the value of existence and mission. The only difference is that they have different functions. Everyone is equal before God. But due to my erroneous view of seeing things, I classified people according to the distinction of high and low, and admired and looked up to those so-called social elites.
The words of God has corrected my wrong viewpoints, and taught me to take a proper approach to treat people from every walk of life and to treat myself. Since then, no matter who my customers are, I treat all of them the same. And when I practice in this way, my heart is filled with joy and peace. Many thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search this blog

Top