11/18/2018

Aren’t You Curious?


From my childhood, I was full of curiosity. Whenever there was a chance, I would take apart electrical appliances, varying from big to small. Sometimes I even created chances to break them down to research what they had inside and how they worked.
When I got a little older, I also wanted to make clear about what happened around me. One day, I saw a news reported that a middle-school student jumped to death, which jolted me into feeling regretful, and meanwhile I was filled with confusion and doubts within: What should man do while living in the world for so many years? Where will man go after death? … Failing to get the answer myself, I tried to ask my parents. However, they also didn’t know and said, “Why do you a child have so many questions? When you grow up, you will make more money, get married and have a career, and then that’s all for this life.” After hearing these words, I scratched my head, wondering: “What is the purpose of you living this life? To live is to make money, get married and start a career?” As my parents couldn’t give me the answer, I went to ask my knowledgeable teachers. I thought my teachers must be able to make me clear with these questions. But I didn’t expect that my politics teacher told me, “From ancient times till nowadays,some philosophers ponder on these ‘philosophical propositions.’ Yet no one has found the answer through thousands of years.” The teacher’s answer disappointed me once again. So neither the philosophers nor the sociologists can comprehend these questions.
With these puzzlements, I stepped into the society and began to work. I thought I would find the wanted answer in society. However, my effort came to naught after seeking many times. One day, a passage of God’s words greeted my eyes and then were engraved into my heart, “So many living beings are living and reproducing in the vast expanse of the universe, following the law of life over and over, adhering to one constant rule. Those who die take with them the stories of the living, and those who are living repeat the same tragic history of those who have died. And so mankind can’t help but ask itself: Why do we live? And why do we have to die? Who is in command of this world? And who created this mankind? Was mankind really created by Mother Nature? Is mankind really in control of its own fate?” (from The Word Appears in the Flesh) I was shocked by these words: “Aren’t they what I have always been seeking bitterly? Man comes and goes hastily. What is the purpose of living in the world? What is the value of life?” With great curiosity, I began to voraciously read the book “The Word Appears in the Flesh.”
Later, I read these words of Almighty God in the book, “From the moment you come crying into this world, you begin to perform your duty. You assume your role in the plan of God and in the ordination of God. You begin the journey of life. Whatever your background and whatever the journey ahead of you, none can escape the orchestration and arrangement that Heaven has in store. None are in control of their destiny, for only He who rules over all things has such control. Since the day man came into existence, God has been steady in His work, managing this universe and directing the change and movement of all things. Like all things, man quietly and unknowingly receives the nourishment of the sweetness and rain and dew from God. Like all things, man unknowingly lives under the orchestration of God’s hand.” (from The Word Appears in the Flesh) From Almighty God’s words, I saw it is under the provision and nourishment of God that humans and all things live all along. What kind of family we are born into and what environment we grow up in are ordained by God. When we come into the world, God has already ordained the journey of our life. We assume our roles in the plan and ordination of God. In the past, my parents told me that man would live for the purpose of getting married, having a career and supporting family and it was the lifejourney. But now, through reading Almighty God’s word, I understand that man was created by God and man’s life is given by God, and that we come to the world because of God’s plan. God gives us a lifetime’s worth of opportunities to experience His work so that we can know the Creator. We should cherish this unique opportunity God bestows upon us. God’s word touched my heart deeply. Neither my parents nor my teachers could answer the questions that had been puzzling me, but here, in God’s word, I found the answer. It is a fact that there is a Ruler in the universe. He is the source of man’s life and all things exist and perish because of His authority. No one but the Creator who created all things and commands mankind can reveal the mysteries that mankind has sought for thousands of years, and dispel the doubts from man’s heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search this blog

Top